Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to check the calendar for all the fun events we have coming up!

Author Topic: Website 2.0!  (Read 5953 times)

heydowns

• Administrator
Website 2.0!
« on: November 02, 2011, 08:48:00 PM »

OK - there's been a lot of student interest expressed, and now that Ruckus is done I'm more free to mentor Webpage -- here's our chance!

Please reply here if you are interested in helping with Webpage work in preparation for 2012.  Include the *days* and *times* that work for you to meet up as a group.

I'd like to start us meeting next week if possible, so please don't delay in posting your availability.
Jeff

Ciana

• Team Member
    • Email
Re: Website 2.0!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 08:56:09 PM »

Thursday would work well before or after leadership for me and so would Wednesday, but Thursday would be preferable.
Ciana
Communications, Activities & Meetings Coordinator
Media, Strategy & Leadership Subteams
2011 Primary Auxiliary driver
2012 Coach
2013 Primary Coach, Dean's List Finalist

Ramerez

• Team Member
  • The Galaxy needs saving. You in?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 08:59:53 PM »

Because strategy has been moved to Tuesday I would say Thursday is my best day, preferably before or after leadership. Wednesdays would work, but not very well.
Matthieu
PR Coordinator and Media Lead
Senior
Marketing Subteam

Jason

• Team Leedur
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 09:59:34 PM »

Wednesday or Thursday would work for me but if we do Thursday i would prefer to meet after leadership instead of doing a meeting earlier than 5pm.
Jason
Team Captain
Field, Strategy, & Leadership Subteams
2011 Finger Lakes Regional Dean's List Finalist

heydowns

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 12:20:19 PM »

Thanks guys for the replies so far.
I should have said up front what my availability is too  :)   

So we're basically looking at Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday evenings.  We cannot start any earlier than 5 and must be done by 8.

Saturdays I know are bad for at least one person and with Corporate meeting directly after programming/electrical I know that is a problem for a few of you.

Sounds like most of you would like to see Thursdays so far -- that works for me, but has one slight issue;  next week we will be doing one final post-Ruckus meeting on Thursday evening and so we would not be able to start next week.
Jeff

Pinguin

• Team Member
  • Es lebe der Pinguin!!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 06:08:35 PM »

Thursday would work 3 out of 4 weeks a month for me as well; since webpage is a side-interest for me, that wouldn't be a problem. Thursday gets my vote.

[Why isn't there a penguin emoticon ??? Because there should be.]
Murphy's Law: If anything can go wrong, it will.
O'Toole's Commentary: Murphy was an optimist.
Goldbergs's Commentary: O'Toole was an optimist.
Schnatterly's Summing Up: If anything *can't* go wrong, it will.
   --Douglas Hofstadter, Metamagical Themas

heydowns

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 08:17:49 PM »

[Why isn't there a penguin emoticon ??? Because there should be.]

Sounds like Peter just came up with the first requirement for the new website!  :)
Jeff

heydowns

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 02:14:25 PM »

From Quinten:

As far as availability goes, I am free most weekdays after school at
about 5, and I could probably do Sundays if needed.
Jeff

heydowns

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 09:38:05 PM »

Thanks everyone for the input.  We'll be starting NEXT thursday (one week from tomorrow, so 11/17) at 6 PM in Mrs. Sterber's room.

The week delay is due to my other Ruckus commitment.  Because of this, in the meantime, I'm asking you all to think about a few things so that we can make our first meeting a productive one:

• What is it that you want to accomplish with our website?  That is, what is our goal? What problems are we setting out to solve?  Be specific!  Come with as many ideas as you can think of.  Can't promise we'll do them all, but come with ideas!
  • Think about FIRST website award criteria as a starting point, too.
  • You can use past year's website award feedback as a starting point too -- I think it is posted here in the forums at places
  • Many people have posted ideas in the recent years for the site -- they are on this forum.  Check those out too if you like for starter ideas.
  • Think about things you LIKE about our current website and want to keep the same or similar; little improvements are ok too but I'm looking for what you LIKE about the site.
  • I do not want to see any implementation ideas at this time!  This is just our problem statement/goals brainstorming/definition stage.  We're not talking yet about how we'll fix/improve things, only what we want to do.  Please spend what time you have to work on this between now and the first meeting on the what, not the how -- this is important to getting a quality final result! :)

You can post ideas in the forums if you want (here or in new thread), or just bring them to the meeting.

Note to those not signed up to help -- if you want help we'd be happy to have you!  Leave a message here or email me.

I'll send an e-mail too with all of this.
Jeff