Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Season 13!

Author Topic: WHAT ARE ENGINEERING NOTEBOOKS?  (Read 5613 times)

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
WHAT ARE ENGINEERING NOTEBOOKS?
« on: November 28, 2007, 11:16:45 PM »

Borrowing the concept from the FTC Engineering Notebooks, we are going to try this year to keep a simple version of an engineering notebook online so that anyone can pick up each subteams ideas and keep them going if no one from that subteam is around.

See the FTC Engineering Notebook Guide

At a Minimum EACH Engineering Notebook Entry should include the following:
1. Names of team members helping
2. DATE & Start & Stop Time
3. Task List Accomplished
4. Next Tasks to Do
5. Any Images (Inventor, Scanned Sketches, Photos, Etc) Pertinent to the day's work!

In addition, you can do any details or lessons learned from your tasks done that day.  Feel free to attach any photos, details, spreadsheets, CAD screenshots or drawings.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 11:24:21 PM by Kims Robot »
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
Re: WHAT ARE ENGINEERING NOTEBOOKS?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 03:13:04 PM »

Good job on the engineering notebooks so far, see if you can add a little more detail (check out the FTC ones - lessons learned, reasons why you chose things, etc - keep in mind this can help us for next year as well!!)

Please also remember to DATE them, as some people are posting the next day and we dont want to get confused!
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.