Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to check the calendar for all the fun events we have coming up!

Author Topic: Upcoming Event: SWE Overnight Shadow Program 2008  (Read 4856 times)

mobrien

• Mentor
  • Roll Strong!
    • Email
Upcoming Event: SWE Overnight Shadow Program 2008
« on: February 01, 2008, 02:03:03 PM »

Rochester Institute of Technology
Society of Women Engineers

Upcoming Event: SWE Overnight Shadow Program 2008

The Rochester Institute of Technology’s student section of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) will be hosting an overnight shadow program for female high school juniors March 27-28, 2008. This will be our eighth annual overnight held by the RIT SWE section. The goal of SWE is to motivate women to achieve their full potential through the education they are receiving now and in their future.

This program offers participants the opportunity to explore various engineering fields through hands-on workshops and interaction with current RIT engineering students as well as professors. A mentoring relationship can also be developed through our panel discussion and mentoring lunch, which helps facilitate the transition from high school to college. In addition, you will experience life as a college student by attending a class, spending the night on campus, eating in the student dining facilities, and sharing lots of fun experiences with the many new friends.

http://www.rit.edu/~sweeng/

:)

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
Re: Upcoming Event: SWE Overnight Shadow Program 2008
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 11:04:10 PM »

Doh... I was going to say awesome find & that we could sponsor anyone getting accepted, but I just realized the application date passed...
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.