Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Season 13!

Author Topic: Lollypop Farm  (Read 3977 times)

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
Lollypop Farm
« on: October 24, 2008, 09:53:27 AM »

So Eric & I started our volunteering at Lollypop last night, you can check out some of our work on their adoptable animals page.  We got photos of 23 of the cats there, Boo - Bop & Zip were an insane pile of kittens (you can see my hand in Bop's photo!) that were nearly impossible to get shots of!  Batman & Monkey were the two with the best names :)  We also did the descriptions for a lot of the cats on that page as well.  We had a lot of fun trying to wrangle all the cats to get pictures, especially the young ones, and Eric learned a few tricks in photoshop to deal with cat eyes and other camera issues.  Im going to see if we can help name the un-named cats, and then maybe you guys can give us some suggestions! :)

We will keep an ear out to see if there are any volunteer opportunities that students can do and definitely let you guys know.  I think I had posted this before, but thought it might be more fun with our update.

They definitely need donations of supplies.  From their weekly newsletter (and what we saw in the adoption area last night) they are definitely in need of bath sized towels.  If you can rummage through your old closets and donate any old towels you dont use that would be suitable, it would definitely help!

We could also maybe do something like organize a drive to collect some of the other items, and you guys could use that as a community service project.  I was even thinking perhaps we could go around to businesses like Walmart, Target, etc and see if they can donate a few supplies for Lollypop - I will check with them to see if they already have a method for contacting local business, but let me know if anyone would be up for driving around :)
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.

HyprAkktiv

• Team Member
  • "It's okay to stumble, So go forward." -Gazette
    • Email
Re: Lollypop Farm
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 11:00:01 AM »

That's so cool....! XD It's really exciting, keep us posted!! ^^

Teach me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Let me do it and I understand.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

Valkyrie

• Team Member
Re: Lollypop Farm
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 04:08:44 PM »

Hey, that's cool...how about for a community service project, if people can go around their neighborhoods and collect old bath towels to donate?  Determine some quantity of towels that's good for community service credit (kind of like the bottles & cans collection last year).  What do you think?

P.S. I might be able to do some of the "driving around," depending on when & where.