Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to check the calendar for all the fun events we have coming up!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fundraiser Ideas 2009/2010  (Read 14215 times)

tmontemalo

• Team Member
    • Email
Fundraiser Ideas 2009/2010
« on: July 27, 2009, 06:34:59 PM »

Post all of your Fundraising Ideas for the new year here!
-----------------------------------------------

1)  A cookbook.  We could ask the teachers, administation staff, board of education, even reach out to the middle school and elementary school staff to collect recipes.  We could do the typing ourselves in Microsoft Word or Publisher in 1/2 pages like the church cookbooks we all see.  We could find someone to do the printing (hopefully free), put a nice plastic cover on (similar to the one we use on the patron book) and find someone to bind for us.  Hopefully we would only need to pay for the binders.  We could start small and print 100 books and sell them in the schools (the teachers might be the first to buy them to see what all their friends put in the books).  We could sell them at demos, local events, and anywhere we go.  When we run out of books, we just print more.  I think this would generate a good amount of money with little monetary investment.

2)  Doggie treats.  I have a vision of buying some Milk Bones, wrapping them in clear wrapping paper, tying them in holiday lace with a note attached relating to the holiday.  They would look like cute party favors.  We could make them cheap and sell them for $3 at demos, local events (the Town Halloween and Xmas events), possibly at the elementary school Halloween events, even in the school.   Everyone loves novel pet gifts and no one minds handing over $3 to buy their kid a cute holiday item to give to their dog.  However, I don't think this would generate a ton of money.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:45:03 PM by Josh Goodman »
Terri Montemalo

Leann

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Fundraiser Ideas 2009/2010
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 09:08:14 AM »

I saw at Sticky Lips (down on Culver Rd by the Harris Culver Rd Building) that they do Chicken BBQ fundraisers. A student should check this out as I know these types of fundraisers can pull in BIG money.

Also, Laser Quest in Greece has a fundraiser they can do. How fun is that? I know Larry grabbed some info on it, so if you're a student interested in organizing something like this, I would suggest talking to Larry to get that info or go to Laser Quest.

Leann

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 03:45:44 PM »

Another idea I just realized to post.

Some organizations have a deal with Amazon.com that if you use the link to Amazon through their website to purchase items, a percentage of those purchases go to that organization. Pretty cool...

I'm not sure how they set it up. We'd probably have to contact Amazon.

So if someone wants to check that out, that could be a potential big moneymaker that is a continuous fundraiser.

Theo Matt

• Team Member
  • Still gets a lot of emails...
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 08:49:34 PM »

I saw at Sticky Lips (down on Culver Rd by the Harris Culver Rd Building) that they do Chicken BBQ fundraisers. A student should check this out as I know these types of fundraisers can pull in BIG money.

Also, Laser Quest in Greece has a fundraiser they can do. How fun is that? I know Larry grabbed some info on it, so if you're a student interested in organizing something like this, I would suggest talking to Larry to get that info or go to Laser Quest.

I LOVE STICKY LIPS!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Laser Quest could be really cool too....
~~Theo~~
Northeastern University Class of 2015
Former Driver & Team Captain
FLL Veteran
Resident Assistant
Ultimate Frisbee Enthusiast

Firefly

• Team Member
  • No matter where you go there you are
    • My company website - OS-Cubed, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 08:36:13 AM »

I've set up an "a-store" Amazon's store.  You can see it here:

http://astore.amazon.com/leedrakesbusi-20

You can also put specific items on your webpage using your store and get a commission.  The biggest problem is you must register with a specific bank account, paypal or credit card so they have a way pay you (and take taxes out of the payment).  For that I think we'd need either someone to sign off on it personally and link to their account - or 501c3 status, and our own bank account and business entity.  Pretty sure we can NOT use the school's.
Lee Drake, CEO, OS-Cubed, Inc.

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 11:51:59 AM »

We noticed in our travels that Boston Market does fundraising similar to UNO's & Applebees

I would suggest checking all of the chains around us and setting them up (maybe once a month??)

Boston Market: http://www.bostonmarket.com/fundraisers

Pizzeria Uno's: http://www.unos.com/fund.html

Applebee's: (http://www.applecreekusa.com/appfundraising.html)

MOE's: http://www.moes.com/fundraising.aspx

etc...
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.

Darkling

• Team Member
  • Am I supposed to make sense?
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 03:59:18 PM »

I volunteer to look into the laser quest fundraser.  I already got information from them, and am now wondering where to go from here.  Help?
Alex C.
Programming Subteam Lead

I find the "Laws of Physics" are really more "Strongly worded suggestions of physics"

tmontemalo

• Team Member
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 10:21:25 PM »

I was at the Naples Grape Festival today and the Naples Robotics team had 2 fundraisers going that I saw...possibly more.

1)  They made wooden bat boxes that holds 200-300 living bats and people were buying them.  I am not sure why, but they were selling.

2)  They had some kind of "Wheel of Fortune".  I didn't get close enough, but looked like they were spinning a money wheel.

I also saw another vendor that was selling cool pins with logos on them for $1.50.  One said "I will trade my little sister for a video game".  They had tons of funny ones, pictures of animals, all kinds of pre-made ones pinned up on a wall.  But what interested me most was that she had a small table laid out with crayons and markers and had little kids design their own.  She was selling those for $1.  Why can't we do that at the Ruckus?  I bet adults passing by our table would like to design their own as support for their teams.  If someone was sitting there with the button maker, we could easily sell a bunch.  Plus this could be an ongoing thing at all of our events/demos.  We would, however, have to fill out a green Fundraising application now and keep it as an "open" fundraiser with no end date.
Terri Montemalo

Valkyrie

• Team Member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 08:38:59 AM »

For #1: they look like birdhouses, but bats will eat waaaaaaaaaay more mosquitoes than birds will!  Not a bad thing to have in your yard at all.

http://www.batroost.com/bathousesandfreebathouseplans.aspx?gclid=CNvw0a_nkZ0CFVlM5Qod33G07Q

tmontemalo

• Team Member
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 09:39:51 AM »

NEVER!!!
Terri Montemalo

Valkyrie

• Team Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 05:11:57 PM »

Aw c'mon, bats are COOL.  I'd totally have a bat house in my yard!

tmontemalo

• Team Member
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 03:49:37 PM »

I received the following e-mail.  Would someone like to lead this?  It is time for fall cleaning.  I am sure everyone can come up with tons of stuff to donate.

TO:                  All Fair & Expo Center Participants
DATE:              09/28/09
SUBJECT:         October 31 Garage Sale

This is to let everyone know that our next World’s Greatest Garage Sale will be held in Minett Hall, on Saturday, October 31, 2009.

To simplify registration, we will be assigning booths on a first-come, first-served basis.  However, if you have a special request, such as a wall space or a corner space, we will be happy to accommodate you if possible.

Booth space for Association Members:                $25.00

Booth space for Non-Association Members:          $30.00

Please see the links below that will direct you to the Floor Plan and Vendor Agreement on our website.  Remember, you can reserve and purchase your booth(s) by phone using a credit card (Visa or MasterCard).

Also, there is a link to our Association Membership application.  If you join today, you can get the Association Member price on the Garage Sale booths!

If you have any questions, please give me a call at 585-334-4000, Monday thru Friday, 9am-5pm.

Floorplan =

http://www.fairandexpocenter.org/wggs-minett-sept-09.pdf

Vendor Agreement =

http://www.fairandexpocenter.org/wggs-vendor-agrmnt-sept-2009.pdf

Membership Brochure =

http://www.fairandexpocenter.org/news/mcfra_membership_2008.pdf
Terri Montemalo

Peggy McChesney

• Team Member
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 06:05:42 PM »

I am with Val I like the bathouse.   Ha Ha Ha Ha
OK that was just silly, but we do need more bats in the hood to lower the use of pesticides that are causing cancers in my neighbors.  Yes, seriously, one of my neighbors had breast cancer that was aggravated by the chemical use on our lawns.  She asked those closest to her home to stop for a year or two and change to more environmentally friendly program.  We have done so and I do have grubs.  Along with the grubs we have a wide variety of birds pecking at the lawn and endless pleasure for our cat..What bliss.

As for the garage sale idea, I totally love it.  But it is a bad time of year for me with school ET cetera.  If someone else does the organizing I will gladly donate stuff for sale.
"Be Tender with the young, Compassionate with the aged, Sympathetic with the striving and Tolerant of the weak and the wrong.  Because at some time in your life you will have been all of these."  Author Unknown

Valkyrie

• Team Member
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 09:43:45 AM »

Don't worry, if you leave your lawn alone for a few years it will become thoroughly grub-resistant.  We don't do a darn thing to our lawn except an occasional mowing, and it's hardy and green year after year.

Mind you, it's not necessarily GRASS, but it's green!   :D

Natural selection FTW.   ;D

tmontemalo

• Team Member
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 09:56:40 AM »

I submitted a Fundraising Application for making buttons with the following note:

We have attached a Fundraiser Application.  We would like to sell buttons (pins).  Our vision is to have a table set up at events and demos with paper and markers where people can design their own buttons.  They can draw pictures, write words, add stickers, be as creative as they want and we would assemble their button with our team button maker.  We want to sell them for $1 each.  We think kids will love to make these.

We eventually want to take it a step further and advertise in the PTA Newsletters, etc.  Perhaps teams would like to design their own; i.e.  I love PHS Girls Basketball! or community groups might want to design their own and use them as name tags, etc.  There are many possibilities, but we just have to get started.  If a group designs and prints their own, we will charge $.50 each.  If they want us to print and use our ink, it would be $1 each.  If we have a large order, we may offer a price break.  We will have to see how all this works out.

Please note that we will continue printing all Team 1511 buttons for free as we have in the past.  We use these to hand out to the community and other teams as spirit ware.
Terri Montemalo
Pages: [1] 2