Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Season 13!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fundraiser Ideas 2009/2010  (Read 16875 times)

Peggy McChesney

• Team Member
    • Email
Re: Fundraiser Ideas 2009/2010
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 10:06:43 PM »

Terri you are awesome.  Thank you for doing this for the team.  Peggy
"Be Tender with the young, Compassionate with the aged, Sympathetic with the striving and Tolerant of the weak and the wrong.  Because at some time in your life you will have been all of these."  Author Unknown

Leann

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 03:07:32 PM »

Leann

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 10:30:27 AM »

Here's a little more push on some really easy fundraisers. Just go to these websites, fill out an application, and bring it to the place in Webster. Make sure you fill out a green fundraiser form first to get it approved!

Uno’s - http://unos.com/getStarted.htmll
-   pick a date (any night, but Tuesday!)
-   Will be the one in Webster
-   Distribute fliers to EVERYONE and they just show up

Moe’s - http://www.moes.com/fundraising.aspx
   - same deal as Uno’s

I would suggest you get started on these NOW as preseason is rapidly coming to a close.

If you're a returning student and have not organized a fundraiser, you need to do this.

If you're an ambitious new student and would like to set up a fundraiser, excellent! (It will definitely be considered when figuring how much of your trips are funded for by the team)

Darkling

• Team Member
  • Am I supposed to make sense?
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 08:37:49 PM »

I would like to set up the uno's one.

I had posted earlier about looking into laser quest.  Didn't look like a good option - out in Greece, may not raise enough money to make it worth it...
Alex C.
Programming Subteam Lead

I find the "Laws of Physics" are really more "Strongly worded suggestions of physics"

Leann

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 10:01:16 AM »

Bottle and can drive!

This would be really easy to set up. Just tell students to bring in bags of cans. 2 Large trash bags (13 gallon/standard size) will be one fundraiser credit!

All you need to do is collect the cans and bottles, turn them into Wegmans, and give the money to Becca, Mike H, or Mrs. Latona!

You can start it ASAP and have it run for a couple of weeks. We can even do this during Build Season as it will not take away time from this! However, if you want to get credit for organizing it, you should start it in the preseason.

First to fill out the green fundraiser form (which can be found in the main office?), will get credit for organizing this fundraiser.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:01:49 PM by Leann »

Crystal

• Tiny Fearless Leader
    • See my world on Tumblr
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 11:31:47 AM »

Bottle and can drive!

This would be really easy to set up. Just tell students to bring in bags of cans. 1 Large trash bag (13 gallon/standard size) will be one fundraiser credit!

All you need to do is collect the cans and bottles, turn them into Wegmans, and give the money to Becca, Mike H, or Mrs. Latona!

You can start it ASAP and have it run for a couple of weeks. We can even do this during Build Season as it will not take away time from this! However, if you want to get credit for organizing it, you should start it in the preseason.

First to fill out the green fundraiser form (which can be found in the main office?), will get credit for organizing this fundraiser.

The sheets are located in room D-37, Mr. Brewer's room right behind the library fire exit. Next to his office is Mrs. Lalek's. If you talk with her, she'll get you taken care of as well as let you know what you have to do to complete the sheet.

I do believe that Wegmans does have a limit to returns per person or group, which is why all we can ask, is to have kids collect and deliver to the EZ drop off station located in Fairport? All you have to do is tag it with "Penfield Robotics" and drop it off!
Crystal Vongnaphone
2010 Boston Regional Dean's List Finalist
1511 Alumni

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 03:00:38 PM »

I do believe that Wegmans does have a limit to returns per person or group, which is why all we can ask, is to have kids collect and deliver to the EZ drop off station located in Fairport? All you have to do is tag it with "Penfield Robotics" and drop it off!

Yes, you arent supposed to return more than 100 items/day to Wegmans (I think, the signs there say the limit)... and EZ Bottle & Can is really close.  I have NO idea what happened to the fundraising page (yikes its all yellow!!), but the EZ bottle & can info was all posted up there...  This is their site: http://ezreturn.org/
We get a check mailed to the school as soon as we bring in over $50.
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.

Theo Matt

• Team Member
  • Still gets a lot of emails...
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 05:56:55 PM »

Green sheet will be turned in tomorrow.  :)
~~Theo~~
Northeastern University Class of 2015
Former Driver & Team Captain
FLL Veteran
Resident Assistant
Ultimate Frisbee Enthusiast
Pages: 1 [2]