Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to check the calendar for all the fun events we have coming up!

Author Topic: Lollypop is in DESPERATE Need of Help!!  (Read 3872 times)

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
Lollypop is in DESPERATE Need of Help!!
« on: September 11, 2009, 01:28:52 PM »

ADULTS - LOLLYPOP NEEDS HELP!!
I just got a call yesterday from Lollypop farmů where Eric & I volunteered taking photos & entering pet descriptions.  Apparently their lead for the documentation & IT department quit and took a ton of her volunteers with her.  They are desperate to find people to help with taking photos of the animals & data entry.

My announcement that you can send to Family & Friends:
Lollypop Farm just lost a large number of their data entry and photography volunteers, and are in desperate need of replacements!  Hours for these positions are flexible, it is best if you can commit to doing 2+ hours/week.  If you are interested in helping you can contact Maggie Huff at « e-mail redacted ».  More information on volunteering is posted here: http://www.lollypop.org/org/org28.asp?ssid=&orgid=28&storyTypeID=&sid=&  If you would like to talk with someone who has volunteered in these positions contact Kimberly O'Toole Eckhardt at « e-mail redacted ».

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Additionally students can volunteer (not as desperate a need):

Be a Lollypop Educator Volunteer

Are you an adult who is looking for a way to volunteer your time in a very important way?
Are you a Girl Scout working on a Gold award?
Are you a high school student who wants to do community service for classes or college?

Training starts September 15 to become a Lollypop Educator volunteer! Educators will gain advanced training in Lollypop Farm history, current programs, admissions and adoptions, law enforcement, health and safety, veterinary services, humane issues, and other interesting topics. With this knowledge you will have the opportunity to work with groups from our community by giving tours, to run Girl Scout badge programs, appear at speaking engagements and be a stellar representative of what Lollypop Farm is all about.

Register for training by contacting Nicole Hirsch, Director of Education, at 585.223.1330 ext. 226 or « e-mail redacted »

Visit our site for more information about being a Lollypop Educator.
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.

Theo Matt

• Team Member
  • Still gets a lot of emails...
    • Email
Re: Lollypop is in DESPERATE Need of Help!!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 02:11:47 PM »

How old do you have to be to do this? (I know its say "adults")
~~Theo~~
Northeastern University Class of 2015
Former Driver & Team Captain
FLL Veteran
Resident Assistant
Ultimate Frisbee Enthusiast

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
Re: Lollypop is in DESPERATE Need of Help!!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 10:39:03 AM »

I think in most cases its 18+, though it might be worth an email asking Maggie.
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.