Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Season 13!

Author Topic: Make a difference day?  (Read 3783 times)

Firefly

• Team Member
  • No matter where you go there you are
    • My company website - OS-Cubed, Inc.
Make a difference day?
« on: September 23, 2009, 10:47:28 AM »

So we have a team organized MAD Day project?

"Make a Difference Day"

"Make a Difference Day" (MADD) is a nationally organized day of service held on Saturday October 24th.  Locally, Penfield schools unite to collect non-perishable food donations for the Penfield Ecumenical Food Shelf.  It has been a tough year for so many people so please come forward and make this the best MADD for the Penfield Food Shelf.  Since Bay Trail participates in "shopping cart wars" in November, we really are looking for warm bodies to help on Saturday morning at 9am in the Penfield High School Commons.

The volunteers will help to sort donations, box them up and then transport them to the First Baptist Church on Penfield Road.  In the past, the whole project has taken no more than 90 minutes (done by 10:30) so plenty of time to make sports practices, early movies or catch some college football! 

Please do your part and help out.  If you are coming to sort, please consider bringing along some items to donate.  For more information, please contact Deb Roschetzky at « e-mail redacted ».
Lee Drake, CEO, OS-Cubed, Inc.

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
Re: Make a difference day?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 02:05:40 PM »

We organized MARD....

Make A Ruckus Day is October 24th :)

We could always add in a donation drive or something else, other events have done this, although I think some Webster kids tried to do that one year and it never really worked out...  We are still a "small" event, and mostly local teams, some which dont have a lot of resources in the preseason.
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.

Firefly

• Team Member
  • No matter where you go there you are
    • My company website - OS-Cubed, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 02:30:36 PM »

Duh, i didn't catch that they were the same date :)  Maybe we could do a food drive and a parent could drop off the food on the way to Ruckus?

Cheers,

Lee
Lee Drake, CEO, OS-Cubed, Inc.

Valkyrie

• Team Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 10:12:03 PM »

MARD, LOL!!!   ;D