Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Season 13!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Webpage Suggestions  (Read 10430 times)

Valkyrie

• Team Member
Re: Webpage Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 07:19:44 PM »

Ask Lee if you want a Terabyte drive - OS-Cubed is a reseller and may be able to get a good price on one for the team.

Firefly

• Team Member
  • No matter where you go there you are
    • My company website - OS-Cubed, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 08:22:51 PM »

Let me know what you need, I'll see what I can do.
Lee Drake, CEO, OS-Cubed, Inc.

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 01:27:16 PM »

Just another idea that I thought of.

For the Contact Us Page:
http://penfieldrobotics.com/contact.php

We could provide additional links or some sort of drop down menu to direct the questions to our mailing lists:
General: info (at) penfieldrobotics.com
FLL: FLL (at) penfieldrobotics.com
Ruckus: Ruckus (at) penfieldrobotics.com
Programming: Programming (at) penfieldrobotics.com
Fundraising: Corporate (at) penfieldrobotics.com ???
Leadership: Leadership (at) penfieldrobotics.com

Doing it through a drop down list would provide security/spamblock to our lists and allow the website to do the sending (like the contact us page currently does), but would allow us to better direct questions that we frequently get to certain mailing lists that may be more quickly able to help them.  If you do this and do use mailing lists, we may want to make sure the whole list knows that emails can come from the outside and that the most knowledgable people should be answering.
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 01:30:13 PM »

Another thought while I was typing the last one...

A Beta Test Page!!

We should highlight some of our activities, and provide links to where people can get info on the Beta test and ask questions. I know its a little late in the game, but it will be good to highlight the activities that we did so that teams, judges and other FRC members can see how hard you guys worked! :)

(At the bottom of the page/links to other pages, we could also highlight our past Beta experiences, supporting 340 last year, supporting teams & competitions last year - yeah Larry, Jeff & Eric!!, Being a pilot team for Labview, being a Pilot team for the Fuel Cell Competition, etc).
~kim~

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.

Leann

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 02:53:38 PM »

I noticed several of the homepage pictures (that scroll through) are blurry or poor quality. I know there is an in-focus picture of the group at the NYS Fair on Smug Mug. And we probably have a good robot demo picture somewhere. Perhaps post some new pictures to update what we've been doing recently?

There are InterVol pictures posted in Build Season from this year.

angry_eric

• Administrator
  • Got Rage?
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 07:57:28 PM »

If you know of some good pictures and post a link to them here in the thread I can easily add them to the slideshow!

I could even show you how to do it, it's pretty straightforward  :o

Bear

• Team Member
  • John "Bear" Hall
    • Frogge Hall
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 09:14:46 PM »

Tonight, Mike H. showed us our big green safety binder.  There's a lot of stuff in there, starting with the team safety manual and the FIRST safety manual, that would be a lot more accessible if they were also available on the website.

cavfamily

• Team Member
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 09:05:54 AM »

Tonight, Mike H. showed us our big green safety binder.  There's a lot of stuff in there, starting with the team safety manual and the FIRST safety manual, that would be a lot more accessible if they were also available on the website.
Put it in the plans for next year as it would be a substantial project!  :)
http://penfieldrobotics.com/forum/index.php?topic=1694.0This is the last posted version of the team one.  The FIRST one is on the FIRST website and is already available. There is nothing else ont he safety manual that would be easily posted.
Cynette

Ramerez

• Team Member
  • The Galaxy needs saving. You in?
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 04:25:34 PM »

The background pictures that are on the home page of our website need to be updated with some from this year. I am willing to do this, but lack the knowledge and access to do so. Is there anyone who can help me do this?
Matthieu
PR Coordinator and Media Lead
Senior
Marketing Subteam

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 08:01:12 AM »

Select some photos and email the links to Eric, its not "user friendly" to set up quite yet.

I'll make sure we get the EI one up at the very least.
~kim~

Pages: 1 [2]