Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Season 13!

Author Topic: 2010 Shirt Ideas  (Read 4214 times)

mbyers

• Team Member
    • Email
2010 Shirt Ideas
« on: January 13, 2010, 07:36:39 AM »

How about the tank busting through the bullseye that is above this year's game?

Or maybe the tank shooting a soccer ball through the bullseye?

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
Re: 2010 Shirt Ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 10:49:44 AM »

Cool ideas :) And its neat to hear you guys have an artistic student!

I like the idea of the tank shooting a soccer ball at the target, the only thing I wonder is if that makes it too small to see from a distance?  Probably not a big deal since our shirts/pants are so distinctive anyway, but just a thought :)

One extremely cautionary note...

If you guys are going to develop a new design (and use the same Tshirt vendor), he will need that design at LEAST 3-4 weeks in advance so he can have it worked on by his graphics guy (and it may cost a little, he has waived it in the past before, but sometimes it depends on the size of the order).  So if you want them for Rally, that is a deadline of January 24th! (also a good time to get him shirt sizes by!)

IF you can do it and provide it all color separated (a process that can be done by someone rather experienced in photoshop) into your print colors (we generally did white, black and yellow only), that might buy you a little time.  But honestly I would caution against it, as when we tried to do this for a lego team and gave him the files in .eps format, they were slightly off from eachother and he had to do a manual fix for us - not hard since it was 12 shirts, but with the 90+ pieces we normally do, rather difficult.  Mr. Weisbrod might be a good resource to see if you guys have the capability to do this yourselves.
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.