Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to check the calendar for all the fun events we have coming up!

Author Topic: FLR Poster?  (Read 4255 times)

Bear

• Team Member
  • John "Bear" Hall
    • Frogge Hall
    • Email
FLR Poster?
« on: February 15, 2010, 04:56:35 PM »

Anybody know where I can find a poster or flyer for the Finger Lakes Regional?  I'd like to hang one at work to encourage my co-workers (and their kids) to come down to RIT  and see the competition.  I looked on www.firstrochester.org, but didn't see any posters.

Something I can print on a letter-size color printer would be perfect.

If there aren't any posters, does anybody on Flare want to put one together?

Bear

Peggy McChesney

• Team Member
    • Email
Re: FLR Poster?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 09:54:52 AM »

I wish this could be done.  I could hand one in to my employer to be posted on the community board.  Yes even for Boston....include website for where to go to watch.
"Be Tender with the young, Compassionate with the aged, Sympathetic with the striving and Tolerant of the weak and the wrong.  Because at some time in your life you will have been all of these."  Author Unknown

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
Re: FLR Poster?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 01:46:55 PM »

It has been done for Boston:
http://penfieldrobotics.com/forum/index.php?topic=3174.0

And guess what.. you can ALWAYS make your own... someone doesn't have to do it for you.  Grab a bunch of photos from smugmug and throw them into Powerpoint or something... I've probably made over a hundred posters for the team over the years, and I'm not trained in media or an expert or even a student... its all of our jobs to help get the word out, and like Dean's initiative, we want to get more people to come and watch, so TAKE the initiative, don't wait for someone else to do it for you :-D

However, for those that are "timid" I will be working on getting some of our old posters uploaded to our website so you don't have to start from scratch (though really its probably just as easy to start from scratch!)
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.