Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Season 13!

Author Topic: Penfield Clean-up day - April 24  (Read 4589 times)

cavfamily

• Team Member
Penfield Clean-up day - April 24
« on: March 22, 2010, 04:51:17 PM »

I got the letter reminding us to sign up for Penfield Clean up day!  Should I make the call?! Will someone add it to the calendar for me?
Cynette

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
Re: Penfield Clean-up day - April 24
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:27:43 PM »

We have a carwash on that day :-/
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.

Peggy McChesney

• Team Member
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 10:32:43 PM »

We have a huge team. Can we divide and conquer?
"Be Tender with the young, Compassionate with the aged, Sympathetic with the striving and Tolerant of the weak and the wrong.  Because at some time in your life you will have been all of these."  Author Unknown

Theo Matt

• Team Member
  • Still gets a lot of emails...
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 10:56:42 PM »

It might be doable to do both, but we need to make sure way ahead of time that we have enough people for the carwash.

Picking up trash with just a few people just takes a little longer, running a carwash with just a few people is very challenging.

I would like to continue our trend of participating however, and maybe we can even advertise for the carwash at the community center or with an A-frame sign put up where we are picking up trash.

Cynette- If you do call to confirm, I would request the onramp to 441 down in panorama next to popeyes, as it is our traditional spot.
~~Theo~~
Northeastern University Class of 2015
Former Driver & Team Captain
FLL Veteran
Resident Assistant
Ultimate Frisbee Enthusiast

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 12:15:34 AM »

We have a huge team. Can we divide and conquer?
Once Championship is over, half our team scatters to the wind.  Look at the huge turnout we got for the clean up last year... 10 people total.  And then check out a carwash that was a few weeks later... probably 10 people there too at any one time...

If someone can go around and get signups to make sure that both events are covered, I would say go for it... otherwise we are either going to take a long time cleaning up, or not raise much $$, or both...  I agree that we have a huge team, but our summers are notoriously the same 10 people doing everything.  If we can get more (and get more parents), it might be more doable.
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.

Peggy McChesney

• Team Member
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 08:08:01 PM »

As a parent I know I am responsible to check forums and ask my kid.  I also know that if I get a poke I will do it.  If it is possible to send out a flier to all parents of the list of non school time activities and meetings all year long it will be something we can post on our fridges and remember what we are up to and why we do it.  It has taken me 3 years to get here, maybe we can speed it up for other parents. (Yes I know I am slow and special)  This will also be a good vehicle to teach some of us not so techno savvy parents how to get to the forum calendar for better up dates.
"Be Tender with the young, Compassionate with the aged, Sympathetic with the striving and Tolerant of the weak and the wrong.  Because at some time in your life you will have been all of these."  Author Unknown

cavfamily

• Team Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 10:03:38 AM »

Since I got enough feedback that we should be able to recruit enough people to do the cleanup while holding the carwash, I have confirmed with the town that we will participate in the Clean-up and will cover the on-ramp to rt 441 once again this year.

Will someone please add this to the calendar officially and somehow get a sign--up going?
Cynette