Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to check the calendar for all the fun events we have coming up!

Author Topic: Public Market Garage Sale  (Read 4300 times)

Leann

• Administrator
    • Email
Public Market Garage Sale
« on: April 25, 2010, 06:26:43 PM »

The Public Market has a community garage sale every Sunday now through the fall. 8am - 2pm

It costs $25 to rent a 10 x 30 foot area.

I think we should pick a Sunday and start having people collect items around the house they don't need or want anymore. It can be anything! Furniture, kitchen items, random gadgets that maybe don't work as well or at all. Encourage friends and family to donate unwanted items as well! If people can price the items before they drop them off, that will save a bunch of time so we don't have to worry about pricing the items that morning.

All proceeds will go to the team!

Also, if anyone wants to donate some cardboard boxes to put things like books or CDs or any other categorical items, that would be appreciated, too! We will also have to borrow tables. I know we have one for our demos, but we will need a few more tables to put the items on. Larry and I also have a table we can use.

We can arrange to have parents and mentors drop off items in the shop in the weeks before the date of our sale. We'll need a few volunteers to load up the trailer with the stuff.

We can get adults and students to sign up to do the whole day (6 hours) or shifts 7am - 11am and 11am to 3pm. (An extra hour in the morning and afternoon to help with set up and clean up) Clean up can entail driving the leftover items over to the Good Will or Salvation Army and donating them.

If anyone has ideas about a good Sunday to do this, please post it here. I was thinking August 1 or 8. Most people are done vacationing  about then and it's right before getting ready for school. Also, we don't have any other events, demos, or carwashes going on those weekends.

http://www.cityofrochester.gov/article.aspx?id=8589942093
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 06:35:49 PM by Leann »

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
Re: Public Market Garage Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 08:11:23 AM »

Cool idea!!  Just make sure someone runs it by the school first, as we have been told we cant do garage sales before because of the Fantastic Finds (although I think our requests might have been on dates much closer, so it could be ok).
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.

Leann

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 07:56:27 PM »

Thanks, Kim. I'll check with Mr. Brewer or the other teachers.

I think as it is not associated with the school, and is at the Public Market, I don't see that it should be an issue. And it wouldn't conflict with the fantastic finds sale which is in like January.

I'll double check anyway.

I'm already making my list of stuff to sell!!

Leann

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 08:02:46 PM »

And this would be a good fundraiser credit if any student wants to take over organizing it!!