Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to check the calendar for all the fun events we have coming up!

Author Topic: I made a new Promo video!  (Read 4243 times)

Crystal

• Tiny Fearless Leader
    • See my world on Tumblr
    • Email
I made a new Promo video!
« on: August 24, 2010, 12:44:31 PM »

Crystal Vongnaphone
2010 Boston Regional Dean's List Finalist
1511 Alumni

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
Re: I made a new Promo video!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 01:42:45 PM »

Nice work as always :)

If you are using this as a student recruiting video, I would suggest thinking what about robotics makes it cool? what makes it exciting?  what would get someone who isnt in the club to join?

Some more specific thoughts...
- love the "join penfield's biggest club"... though double check your numbers to make sure that is true, otherwise people will see you as making things up.
- the music and excitement level are good, but with the sound off (here at work), the topics of the video shots could use a little more either variety or big picture.
- See if you can get some full match footage in there... kicking balls out of the field or in the goals, robots pushing other robots, defense on the goals, drivers faces...
- See if you can get some build season photos or video in there.  Get kids making sparks with dremel tools, assembling things, wiring things, programming things, "fly around" a CAD model... etc...  Your "6 weeks" infers this, but thats the real heart of what robotics is about
- It could be a separate video, but it would also be good to put in there ALL of the things the team needs.  We need to be able to recruit kids who ARENT interested in robotics, so a video geared towards them would be cool.  Show the fun activities, pictures of team mascots/costumes, other team's animations, a press release heading, shots of kids doing photography/video, etc...
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.