Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to check the calendar for all the fun events we have coming up!

Author Topic: Announcements for Main Page  (Read 7651 times)

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
  • Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
Announcements for Main Page
« on: January 25, 2006, 01:00:21 AM »

I will post appropriate announcements for the main page here.
~kim~
Systems Engineer - Draper Laboratory

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
Re: Announcements for Main Page
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 01:05:42 AM »

ANNOUNCING ROCHESTER RALLY II!!

Attention all Rochester & Upstate NY teams!  Come test out your robots before you ship!  Test out your strategies and your robot coordination on a real field! Practice will be open 12-3, Rally is from 3-6pm.  Additionally, Team 1511 will offer to ship your robot for free from PHS!  Come join the fun, more info is posted here: http://www.penfieldrobotics.com/media/2006%20FRC%20Rochester%20Rally%20Invitation.ppt (except this link leads to the wrong document... You guys should have had three documents, one being the info JUST on the Rally)

TEAM MEETING INFO

Attention Team 1511!!  All Tuesday Meetings begin in the Commons, All other meetings will start up in F1&F2.  On sundays, please enter through the back door by the cafeteria/loading dock.
~kim~

Steve Jobs: The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 03:43:35 PM »

1511 Returns from the Finger Lakes Regional!!

Team 1511 put up a strong robot at RIT's Finger Lakes Regional, this past weekend, March 9-11.  The entire team had a great time, and found out that not only could our robot score balls, but it was a great defense bot as well!  The driveteam performed well, making it to the quarterfinals with teams 271 & 639, and the team cheered and worked its heart out.  Special thanks to our many family, friends, sponsors and Harris co-workers that came out to support the team!  We came home with the Engineering Inspiration award, the second highest award that FIRST gives!!  Although we had already registered for the Championship, this award officially qualifies them to attend!

The Engineering Inspiration award is described as such: This award celebrates a teamís outstanding success in advancing respect and appreciation for engineering and engineers, both within their school as well as their community. Criteria include: the extent and inventiveness of the teamís efforts to recruit students to engineering, the extent and effectiveness of the teamís community outreach efforts, and the measurable success of those efforts. This is the second highest team award FIRST
bestows.

Check out pictures here: http://www.rollingthunder.smugmug.com/gallery/1108500
~kim~

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 11:40:15 AM »

(Could you possibly correct the announcement on FLR (the header has an extra "R"). Thanks.

New:

Team 1511 Returns from Boston and is Preparing for Atlanta!!

Team 1511 had a great time in the great city of Boston Massacussetts!  The Regional was very well run, and had many big names including Steve Wozniak of Apple, Helen Grainer of iRobot, Bob Metcalf inventor of Ethernet, and speaches from Dean Kamen, Woodie Flowers & a recording from Senator Ted Kenedy!

The team and robot performed nearly flawlessly in every match.  With strong defense, the ability to fire on the goal, awesome autonmous modes, a great human player and a drivetrain that danced around the field, the robot was a sight to see!  We ranked 10th out of 44 teams, but were selected in alliance pairings by the second seed team 549!  1511, 549, & 125 competed in the quarterfinal rounds in some very very tense moments.  For the first time 1511 unveiled their autonomous goal firing in the second & third matches and made 5/6 balls into the goal even while being defended!

The team took home the Imagery Award, the first Award given at the Inaugeral Boston Regional.  This award celebrates attractiveness in engineering and outstanding visual aesthetic integration from the
machine to team appearance.  With our abundance of Camo, we were easy to spot!

Photos can be found at: http://rollingthunder.smugmug.com/gallery/1108508
~kim~

Rajeev

• hoojamomma?
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 04:03:49 PM »

In the words of the eternal dragon, it has been done.

(A cookie for the first one who guesses correctly what that's from. Actually it's not really that hard, so maybe half a cookie. ;D)
Webpage subteam leader
Programming subteam leader
Electrical subteam

cavfamily

• Team Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 09:22:47 AM »

Just 'cause it is the front page of the web site, please fix a few typos...

speeches instead of speaches and
Ted Kennedy instead of Ted Kenedy.

Mrs. Cavaliere
Cynette

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 02:42:41 PM »

::sigh:: I spelled Massachusetts wrong too: Massacussetts.

*needs to use spell check button more often*
~kim~

cavfamily

• Team Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 09:48:07 AM »

Any chance of getting the Team 1511 perspective on championships put on the main page? It would be nice for web page visitors as well as those of us who didn't go. 

Cynette

p.s. and you can fix the spelling of Massachusetts at the same time.
Cynette

CarsomyrXIII

• Where I got the name...
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 12:44:41 PM »

It's fixed... finally
Programming Lead
Safety Captain
Webpage
Mechanical [unofficial]
Electrical (sort of)

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 04:22:37 PM »

Any chance of getting the Team 1511 perspective on championships put on the main page? It would be nice for web page visitors as well as those of us who didn't go.†
Cynette

Here is an announcement:

Curie SemiFinalists, Team 1511 Returns from Atlanta!!

Team 1511 has returned from Atlanta, tired but with huge smiles on our faces!  We competed extremely well, and seeded in the low thirties out of 88 teams in our division.  The robot danced around the floor scoring many goals, shooting in autonomous, and defending like a bull!!  We were selected by team 121, the fourth seeded team, and also allied with team 65.  The alliance progressed all the way to the semi-finals of the division, finally losing to the first seeded alliance.  The team had amazing spirit as commented by all that saw the huge section of red & black cheering for teams in every match, doing the rollercoaster, and being louder than ever when the drive team & robot reached the field!! 

The team also got to have some fun at the CNN Center Tour and the Brand New Atlanta Aquarium!  Thanks to all who supported us in this amazing year, and here's to an even better 2006 & 2007.
~kim~

Kims Robot

• Let's Go Thunder!
  • Administrator
    • kimsrobot
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 09:56:09 AM »

1511 Gears Up in the Summer with New Leadership!!

With no pause at all, 1511 has pushed headfirst into the summer season!  We are using this time to start up several new FLL teams, run some FLL camps, start planning for the RahChaChaRuckus, revise our team handbook, release our patron book and plan the 2006-2007 Season!  New Student leadership has been put in place through a rigorous selection process of applications, interviews & finally team elections.  Congratulations to Jackie, Mark, Graeme, Steve, Bethany & Josh!!  Many thanks & congrats to all of the great students who went through the process, you will all make great 1511 leaders!

Come find us at our many demos & summer activities or ask us to plan one for you!
~kim~

mobrien

• Mentor
  • Roll Strong!
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 01:04:52 PM »

Team 1511 to host FLL Camps for children agers 9 - 14
For information about the FLL camps to be held on July 29, and Aug 12 please click on this link:

FLL CAMP INFO

« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 01:27:15 PM by Kims Robot »