To all rookies!
Here, we have provided some documentation that we are using and/or have found helpful over the years. We hope this helps any rookie teams out there! Items here are organized in a Timeline fashion so that teams can work through step by step organization.
Summer - June-August
1. Plan out your Budget. Decide how much money you will need to run your team.
- See our budget estimate from the 2005 and 2006 Seasons (current estimate coming soon!)
- FRC Teams run on anywhere from $8,000 to $100,000+
2. Plan out your Preaseason. Decide what the team will do and how the team will be organized.
- We planned out the tasks we wanted to do in Preseason in this document. It includes potential team projects, subteam descriptions, engineering competitions for team meetings, mentor presentations, and some general tasks.
- Some organizational tips from NEMO
- A few hints... (advice for rookies) from NEMO
- Develop a Wish list of items & tools to get donated
3. Recruit your Mentors
Preseason - September-December
4. Recruit your Students
- Advertise an Info Session
- Put up some posters around the School or advertise on morning announcements, get creative!
- Recruiting Videos from Penfield: 2007, 2009, 2010
- Student Information session Presentation
5. Meet your Parents
6. Start Fundraising!!
7. Run your Preseason
Build Season - January-February
8. Build Season Organization
- Sample Build Season Schedules
- Have your Build Season Kickoff:
- Have your students & mentors divide into subteams. We have them fill out this sheet
9. Organize Your Travel
10. Promote your Team & Successes!