Decisions and Specifications
NOTE: All specifications are per robot
Weight of Drive Base:30.6 lbs (1/13/2019)
Dimensions: 34-1/4"L x 25"W x 4.312H
Length: 34-1/4" corner bracket to corner bracket. Channel length 34"
Width: 25" from the tip of the axel(L) to tip of axel(R)
Heigth: 4.312" from the floor to top of frame channels.
Bottom: 1.312" from floor to bottom of frame channels.
Wheels: 4 x 4" Omni wheels at the corners of the drive base. 2 x 4" Colson wheels in the center of the long dimension
Belts: 150mm length x 9mm width x 5mm pitch (quantity: 4)
Motors:CIM (quantity: 4)
Drive Base Frame Materials:
Left & Right Rails: 1"x3"x1/8" L-channel is used for the left and right outer frame rails. 1"x3"x1/8" C-channel is used for the left and right inner frame rails.
Front & Back Rails: The front and back frame rails are 1"x3"x1/8" tube. Bottom center is relieved for clearance.
- Prelimanary ideas developed by drive base team
- Areas of concern
- Ramp to H1: 3 inches
- H2 height above bumpers
- Drive base will never scale H3
Sunday Week 1
- Used cad to study wheels needed for H2
- Tested 4,6,and 8 wheel configs
Tuesday Week 1
By Jonathan Farnham
- Decisions being made about drive train configuration
- Wheel size decisions need to be made
- Choice of motor needs to be made: Cim or Neo
- Number of wheels needs to be decided
- Mr.C developed skid plate study for 4 inch wheel
- Developed cad prototype base on variant of last years drive system
- Waiting on decision from strategy about habitat 2 or habitat 3 requirement
- Does drive base have to scale H2?
- If we scale H3 then can we use smaller wheels on drive base?
- Does drive base have to develop H2 solution?
- Length of robot has been decided to be 34in.
Wednesday Week 1
- Making the left and right side of the potential drive base.
Saturday end of week 1
- The sprint is on to complete the CAD work for the drive base
- Enough of the robot is in the final assembly drawing to allow other sub-teams to start relaize their designs.
- Added corner bracket to stiffen the frame. This increased the length (and perimeter).
Sunday Week 2
- Finite element alalysis on frame to test for weak points:
- Drive Base weighed in CAD: 30.6 lbs
Tuesday Week 2
- Finalizing mounting locations
- Fabricating smaller parts such as channels and brackets
Thursday Week 2
- Puting cylinders on drive base frame
- updating shopping list
- Finalize Final Design
- Fabricated L-Channel and C-Channel frame
Sunday Week 4
- Assembled drive base
- Tested drive base
- Climbed HAB lvl.1
- Drive base Assembled and Completed
- Electical and programming is the only part left to completly finish drive base
Tuesday Week 4
- Battery Box Cading/Assembly