- Complete design
- get CAD model correctly sized and designed
- Started actual CAD
- 775 with gear box is too long for back foot
- Is direct drive 775 too little power to move the robot?
- Create 1x1 tube in incentor
- mount tube to cylinder mounting brackets
- mount tube to cyclinders
- create bracket assembly
- create cylinder mount in CAD
- Created the 1x1 tube in cad
- assembles the tube w/ the bracket assembly
- Complete working prototype
- figure out all forces
- 2 versions of a prototype that work without weight
- Good CAD made and lots of math
- There is too much friction to slide up the skid plate the way we are now
- We need bigger pistons to life the full robot
- Idea- Have 4 pistons facing straight up, and have a motor on the foor to drive us onto the step.
- Amount of PSI needed to life robot
- space if we have big piston in the front or middle
Prototype of robot propulsion for hab designed and tested. Mechanism broke after 3rd attempt
Excerpt from Test 3 Results "Level 3 scale in progress, Try #3 - 12" height, one 9" piston, 80psi."
Preliminary Sketches of possible launching mechanism